Rural Financial Counselling Service

Rural Financial Counselling Service - Southern Queensland

Assistance available at a location close to you

Phone : 0439 067 944 | Website:

16-32 Enterprise Street, Bundaberg


Over the last few years’ rural communities have faced some enormous challenges. The Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS) is available to support your business in the recovery phase. If you are a primary producer and would like to discuss your businesses financial position the RFCS can help you.

The RFCS provides free, confidential and impartial rural financial counselling to farmers and fishing enterprises who are experiencing financial hardship.

They can analyse your financial circumstances, help you identify your financial options and support you to make informed decisions for your future.

How they can help:

· preparing cashflows

· negotiating with lenders

· developing a business plan

· preparing for succession planning  

· preparing for retirement

· assist you to access the Farm Household Allowance (FHA)

· provide information about government and other assistance schemes

The RFCS Southern Queensland team assist primary producers in Childers, Gin Gin, Bundaberg, Yandaran, Rosedale, Agnes Water, Miriam Vale, Gladstone and surrounding areas. They are a mobile workforce who can come to you.

Your counsellor will provide financial options and support to help you make the right decision for your business. Rural Financial Counsellors do not provide family or social counselling or financial advice—but they can provide referrals and information.

Providing a free independent and confidential service to eligible primary producers and fishers

Servicing the following centres and surrounding regions:

Childers | Gin Gin | Bundaberg | Yandaran | Rosedale | Agnes Water | Miriam Vale | Gladstone

Kath Clarke 

Ph: 0439 067 944

Hardship Support

Legal Aid – Farm and Rural Legal Service –

Farmers Card –

Aussie Helpers –

Buy a Bale –

QCWA – Public Rural Crisis Fund –

Telstra – Financial Hardship Policy – 13 22 00

Ergon – Drought Relief –

DNRM – Land Rent Deferral – 13 74 68

ATO – More time to Pay – 13 11 42

Centacare – Drought Support Program – 1300 656 231

UnitingCare – Country Callback Service – 1800 543 354

Anglicare Southern Queensland -

Disclaimer: All information provided is intended as a guide only, and is subject to change without notice.

Supported by the Australian and Queensland Governments